US L1 Visa
For transferring qualified executives and managers working in multinational companies from their foreign employer to an appropriately affiliated U.S. company to work in the United States for up to seven years, the L-1A intra-company transferee classification applies. For the duration of the employee’s L1A status, the company must continue to operate as a multinational company.
Those employees whose primary responsibilities in the job include either directing management or managing an organization, department, subdivision, or a component of the company qualify to be classified as executive or managerial. Also, if an employee manages an essential function within the organization or has supervisory responsibilities over professional or managerial employees, he/she can qualify to be classified as executive or managerial. Note that this classification is not appropriate for low level managers. Also, there are no specific wage requirements for L1A employees and the number of L1As that can be approved annually has no limitations.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Apart from meeting the basic requirements for the L-1 visa, an applicant must meet the following requirements:-
- Employment of the transferred employee by the foreign affiliate for at least one continuous year within the three years prior to coming to the U.S. is necessary with the prior employment being mandatorily in an executive, managerial, or specialized knowledge capacity.
- The employee ought not to be a low-level manager within the L1A category. By demonstrating employment level within the company structure and establishing higher level supervisory or managerial responsibilities, he/she may qualify.
- Unless an employer has a blanket L-1 petition approval, it is mandatory to obtain an approved petition from the USCIS for each desired employee.
How we can help you?
- Guiding and representing employers in preparing individual and blanket L-1 petitions.
- Consulting companies considering or initiating the establishment of new offices in the United States regarding L-1 related planning for staffing a new office.
- Representation and assistance related to L-1 visa applications at U.S. consulates.