Antigua and Barbuda
Obtain Citizenship in just 4-5 months with a minimum contribution starting at $ 100,000 .
Antigua and Barbuda
Antigua and Barbuda is a calm and serene island that has a number of picturesque and crystal clear beaches. The largest of the English-speaking Leeward Islands attracts visitors with its mesmerizing beaches of the finest white sand and azure waters. Join the celebrities who have chosen the island as a place for winter homes and neighbor with Oprah Winfrey, Eric Clapton, and many more.
Reasons for choosing Antigua and Barbuda
➢ Investors can get the full citizenship of Antigua and Barbuda in a matter of just 4 to 6 months.
➢ Passport holders of Antigua and Barbuda can avail visa-free travel to as many as 130 countries including countries in the Schengen and UK.
➢ Antigua & Barbuda recognizes dual citizenship*, which can prove advantageous for business expansion and tax relief.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
After parliamentary approval, The Citizenship-by-Investment Program of Antigua and Barbuda was established. It can be found in Section 6 of the Citizenship by Investment Act, 2013 (Act No. 2 of 2013). As per this act, an investor can obtain citizenship by either investing in a government-approved real estate project or through donating to the National Development Contribution Fund.
In order to be eligible for citizenship by investment program of Antigua and Barbuda, the following criteria must be met by the principal applicant:-
- He or she must be at least 18 years old.
- He or she should not have a criminal record.
- Passing a Due Diligence examination is mandatory.
- A medical examination must be completed.
- Payment of the application, as well as the governmental fees, is mandatory.
- An appropriate investment must be made as per the investment schemes listed below.
- During the period of 5 years that follow the issuance of the citizenship of Antigua and Barbuda to an applicant, he or she must mandatorily spend 5 days in Antigua and Barbuda (an average of 1 week per year).
An applicant has the choice to invest in any of the following ventures:-
➢ Real estate
Under the real estate option, it is mandatory for the applicant to purchase a government pre-approved real estate project whose value ought to be worth at least US 400,000. The applicant is thereafter required to maintain it for 5 years, after which the applicant may sell the property.
Two applicants from related parties are still eligible to make a joint investment, however, in order to qualify for citizenship each applicant will invest a minimum of US $ 200,000(Until 31st October 2018).
- For an applicant who is single - US $ 50,000
- For an applicant with a family of up to 4 dependents - US $ 50,000
- Exceeding the number 4, for each additional dependent - US $ 15,000
Apart from the government fees, the applicants is also required to pay due diligence and background check fees as per the following applicable options:-
- Main Applicant - US $ 7,500
- Spouse - US $ 7,500
- Dependent children aged between 12 to 17 years - US $ 2,000 each
- Dependent children aged between 18 and 25 years - US $ 4,000 each
- Dependent parent above 65 years of age - US $ 4,000
- Fees for each applicant for the issuance of passport - the US $ 300
NOTE:- For children aged between 0 to 11 years, there are no due diligence fees and background fees.
➢ National Development Fund Contribution
Under this option, an applicant can choose to make a one-time contribution of:-
- US $ 100,000 for those applicants who have a family of up to 4 dependents.
- US $ 125,000 for those applicants who have a family of more than 4 dependents.
Additionally, the applicant must pay a Government fee of:-
- US $ 25,000 for an applicant who is single
- US $ 25,000 for an applicant with a family of up to 4 dependents
- US $ 15,000 for each additional dependents
➢ Establishing a business
An applicant also has the option to invest in a Government approved business valued at US $ 1,500,000. In case there are multiple investors, they may invest a minimum of US $ 5,000,000 with the minimum investment per person being US $ 400,000.
- Citizenship in a British Commonwealth country
- Citizenship obtained within 4 to 6 months
- Antigua and Barbuda recognizes dual citizenship, and does not require people to renounce their current citizenship
- Passport holders enjoy visa-free travel over 130 countries worldwide including countries in the Schengen and UK
- Off-shore bank accounts, investments, and companies give unique opportunities for business and tax planning
- Applicants can include dependent children under 26 years
- Applicants can include parents or grandparents over 65 years
- You get the citizenship of a British Commonwealth country and that too within just 4 to 6 months.
- No need to renounce your current citizenship* as Antigua and Barbuda recognize dual citizenship.
- Unique & Lucrative opportunities for business and tax planning offered by off-shore bank accounts, investments, and companies.
- Provision for including dependent children under 26 years and parents or grandparents over 65 years.
- Visa-free travel to over 130 countries, the following countries:
Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Bolivia, Bonaire, St. Eustatius & Saba, Brazil, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curacao, Dominica, Dom. Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, French Guiana, French West Indies, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Maarten, St. Vincent & The Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Isl., Venezuela, Virgin Isl. (British).
Botswana, Burundi, Cape Verde, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Gambia, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lestho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Reunion, Seychelles, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Armenia, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Hong Kong (SAR China), India, Jordan, Korea (Rep.), Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Nepal, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, South Korea.
Cook Island, Fiji, French Polynesia, Kiribati, Lao People’s Dem. Rep., Macau, Micronesia, Nauru, New Caledonia, Niue, Palau, Phillipines, Samoa, Solomon Isl., Timor-Leste, Tuvalu, Vanuatu.
Albania, Belgium, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iran, Ireland (Rep.), Iceland, Italy, Kosovo (Rep.), Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Macedonia, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom.