Study In Australia
Australian education stands for quality, quantity and variety as well.
Study In Australia
What attracts international students to Australian universities?
Australian education stands for quality, quantity and variety as well. A testimony to this statement is the fact that out of the top 100 universities in the world, Australia alone has 8. As for variety, Australian universities offer a number of courses and study programs covering almost every field, right from diplomas to bachelors to master’s. Also, because of the fine quality of education provided by Australian universities, students get excellent post-study work opportunitiesalong with a better personal and professional career, owing to which an increasing number of students from all over the globe are opting for Australia to study abroad. Unbeatable academic excellence and a comprehensive support system for international students are other factors that lure international students to Australian universities.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Most preferred courses and the top educational hubs in Australia
Of the multitude of courses offered by Australian universities, the ones most opted for by international students include:-
- Accounting & Finance
- Business & Management
- Engineering & Information Technology
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Law & Criminal Justice
- Nursing and Medicine
It is no wonder that Australia is home to five of the best educational hubs in the world because the Government of Australia makes investment in development and expansion of international education and scholarships. This, in effect, generates income andcontributes to the national gross profit of the nation. The top education hubs in Australia are Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Melbourne, and Perth.
Australia General Application Process: Steps involved
In order to obtain a study visa for Australia, the general application process followed involves the following steps:-
- Submission of application for admission.
- Getting an offer letter.
- GTE approval.
- Payment of fees.
- Enrolment confirmation.
- Visa Application.
The following is the list of documents required for applying for Australian study visa:-
- Notary attested photocopies of certificates and mark sheets of class 10th and 12th, graduation degree (if any) and/or certificates and mark sheets of all the academic accomplishments including backlogs if any.
- Proof of proficiency in the English Language e.g. IELTS, TOEFL, PTE.
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume with all details.
- Certificates of other achievements and extracurricular activities.
The cost incurred in studying and residing in Australia
Australia’s Department of Immigration and Citizenship has set a few financial requirements to be fulfilled by students in order to be able to study in Australia. The proof of financial resources is required to be provided by a student. In addition, the student needs to ensure that he or she is in possession of adequate funds required to study in Australia and take care of living expenses during initial years of education in Australia.
In general, a student must have the equivalent of one return airfare to the country of Australia which is approximately AUD 2000/-, the fees of the course he or she is undertaking, and depending upon the place where one is living and the school he or she is attending, approximately AUD 20,290/- for the cost of living.
For married students, it is a must to possess an extra AUD 7,100/- for the spouse as well. Further, ifa student has children aged below 6 years, the first one will also add another airfare and $3,040/- per year.
Scholarships for international students
Planning the finances and expenditure of the entire education is a prudent step on the part of any international student while exploring education prospects in Australia. The good part is that, understanding the significance of education, Australian institutes are ready to provide financial assistance to deserving candidates. International students with excellent academic accomplishments and extraordinary achievements to their credit are eligible for scholarships in Australian Institutes.
While exploring the prospects of education in Australia, it is important for a student to plan the budget for the entire education. Since Australian institutes understand the significance of education in one’s life, they are ready to provide financial assistance to the deserving candidates. Therefore,those international students who have extraordinary academic accomplishments and achievements are eligible for scholarships in Australian Institutes. The eligibility criteria for scholarship, the amount of scholarship and the deadlines for applying for scholarships vary from institute to institute. Therefore, those candidates are looking forward to take advantage of Australian scholarship programs should start their application process almost 4-6 months before the desired intake.
Advantages of studying in Australia
- Australian is a safe country with a multicultural, friendly and harmonious society.
- In comparison to other countries of the world, Australia adopts new technologies at a faster rate. Also, it has one of the highest rates of internet access in the world.
- Quality education is imparted to national as well as international students.
- Almost all the courses and trainings that international students undertake in Australia are authorized by the Australian government and covered by Australian Qualification Framework (AQF).
- Australian universities provide practical and career-oriented training.
- Opportunities for paid internships.
- Almost all global employers recognize the skills imparted by Australian universities and Australian qualifications.