Buy a Luxury Property & Obtain European Residency via investment in just 3 months with a minimum investment of Euro 280,000
Portugal - The Golden Visa Program
Besides being a great tourist attraction, Portugal offers good and safe quality of life. One of the most popular permanent resident programs, the Portugal’s Golden Visa permit was established in 2007. Order Number 1661-A/2013 “GOLDEN RESIDENCE PERMIT” laid down provisions for the Golden Visa Program which was initially established in 2012. As per the law, the golden visa permit is allocated to an investment of 500,000 EUR in a new real estate. The program was revised in 2015 (Act 63/2015), allowing real estate property investment to be 350,000 € in an estate that is at least 30 years old.
By means of the investor visa, residences can live, work or study anywhere in the EU which has made Portugal a very attractive destination for families. Also, scenic areas of the country such as Algarve, Cascais, Lisbon, Porto etc. are open for the investors for purchasing real estate. Besides, other investment options are also available.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
An applicant for the Portugal’s Golden Visa permit must compulsorily meet the following criteria:-
- He or she should be a non-European Union citizen.
- It is mandatory for the investor to keep his or her investment.
- During the first year of receiving the golden visa, the applicant has to compulsorily stay in Portugal for a minimum of 7 days. In the subsequent two-year period, the stay has to be of minimum 14 days.
Portugal’s Golden Visa permit offers the following investment options:-
The investor may purchase real estate valued at a minimum of 500,000 EUR.
- For a property valued above 500,000 EUR/350000 EUR, the Property Purchase tax i.e. the Property transfer tax is 6 percent.
- The stamp duty rate to be paid by the investor is 0.8 percent.
- Besides, the investor is also required to pay an application fee of 517 EUR.
- The fee for family process is 80 EUR.
- The investor is also required to buy a Public Deed worth 300 EUR.
- The registry cost incurred is 225 EUR.
- There is a Visa Initial issue fee of 5,174 EUR.
- For years 1 to 3, the Visa renewal fee per applicant is 2,587 EUR.
- For years 3 to 5, the Visa renewal fee per applicant is 2,587 EUR.
- After completion of 5 years, the government application fees for permanent residency and citizenship is as follows:-
- The permanent residency fee per applicant is 350 EUR.
- 250 EUR per applicant have to be paid for the grant of citizenship.
- The processing time for obtaining the residency permit is just 4 to 6 months.
- All investor visa holders enjoy the liberty to travel, work and live in all Schengen areas.
- An investor is free to register and run a business in all Schengen countries.
- For those family members who are dependent on the investor, such as his or her spouse, children, parents etc., the investor may extend the application with there being no further investment requirements.
- The minimum stay requirement to be fulfilled by the investor is fairly low, just 7 days in the first year and 14 days in the following periods of two years.
- Throughout the 5 years, the investor enjoys rental returns.
- After completion of 5 years, there is provision for permanent residency.
- Also, after completion of 6 years, the investor may be granted the citizenship of Portugal.
- The investor can enjoy visa free travel to the following countries:-
Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Bolivia, Brazil, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curacao, Dominica, Dom. Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, French Guiana, Grenada, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, St. Eustatius & Saba, St. Lucia, St. Maarten, St. Vincent & The Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Isl., Venezuela, and Virgin Isl. (British).
Botswana, Cape Verde, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Gambia, Guinea-Bissau, Jordan, Kenya, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mayotte, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Reunion, Seychelles, Somalia, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
Armenia, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Hong Kong (SAR China), Iran, Israel, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Nepal, Philippines, Singapore, and South Korea.
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
Cook Island, Fiji, French Polynesia, Kiribati, Micronesia, Nauru, New Caledonia, Niue, Palau, Samoa, Solomon Isl., Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu.
Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland (Rep.), Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Macedonia (FYROM), Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and United Kingdom.